Sunday, March 1, 2009

Oh the weather outside is frightful..

Frightful really isn't the the word. How about nasty, wet, cold, gross? Yes, I will take the crazy Malinois out for her romp (after all she is a wash-n-wear dog, who loves to be outside no matter wat the weather!), but I am also going to spend some quality time piecing a new quilt. Today's photo shows my pre-quilt pieces. This is to be a disappearing 9 patch (like the previous scrappy quilt) but I am using a Moda Charm Pack, Blossom, and Amy Bulter Dots, along with several FQs that coordinate. I am contrasting these with the white-on-white. I think this is going to be quite fun and bright!
Also, my beloved Viking Sapphire 830 is going into the shop for service, so I am piecing with my trusty 21 year old Singer. I do love the Viking, but I am also glad I have kept the Singer around. It doesn't work as well with the free-motion, but it pieces like a champ!

No comments: