Sunday, May 19, 2013

Baby Quilt for Addie

Addie's quilt 45" by 53"

My cousin (first cousin, once-removed) Crystal is expecting her first baby. 
She had contacted me for a custom pink & brown baby quilt.
 I knew this could be a great gift, and got my mother involved so it could be from both of us.

I bought the fabric at the Quilt show in Statesville, in January. The pinks came in a custom bundle with a neat pattern attached (Crazy Eights by Bits 'n Pieces), perfectly sized for a baby quilt. I added additional fabrics and the brown paisley as a border. I like to make baby quilts large enough to be used where-ever they are needed.

I pieced it, and Mom quilted it. This sweet baby will be wrapped in our love!

We gifted it yesterday. The parents-to-be, Crystal & Carl, loved it. 
I can't wait to meet this sweet baby girl!

1 comment:

Paige said...

So sweet to have something you worked on with your mom given to someone in the family!