Monday, January 16, 2017

January practice

I decided that instead of doing practice pieces that I toss, I would create an entire composition for FMQ practice.
I started with trying a different style of feathers. In a flower shape. With a cross-hatch background.

I added formal feathers in the corners. 

Then I pondered the border. It needed even quilting to balance the intense FMQ in the center. 

I did ruler work to create an architectural border. With loops in the cornerstones.

Finished at 24"square. I used a layer of Quilters Dream mid-loft poly on the bottom under a layer of Quilters Dream Puff. Quilted with Glide thread on top and Aurifil in the bobbin.

Love the texture on the back!

Monday, January 2, 2017

2016 retrospective

My finished projects, excluding some smaller things. Not as many as I would have liked, but the recipients were all very happy. 
Here's to new projects in 2017, enjoying every stitch!